Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Calm after the storm

I like to think of my moods in seasons. Warm soft smiles in the sunshine of spring. Simmering sighs in the heat of the summer. Chills of laughter in the beauty of fall. Cold wet shivers in the frost of winter. I feed off the sun most of the year. Now that it's cold i find myself looking for inspiration in other means. Family is a big one right now. We just had a bustling thanksgiving, full of laughter, food, and hugs from long lost relatives. It was a joyous holiday, one to remember. But now that the food has been eaten and goodbyes have been said. I find myself feeling lost again. You know the phrase the calm before the storm? Well I'm stuck in the calm after the storm. It's quiet now, too quiet. I use to think all I ever wanted was to escape the dramas of family life, but now i find myself bored and lonely without it. I miss the sounds, the smells, and the warmth of people who love me around me. The feel of togetherness you get on the holidays. I want it all the time. Christmas couldn't come soon enough. I am full of spirit this year. I'm so thankful for my sweet family whether it be my friends or my love or even my neighbors. You are part of my spirit. You are inspiration to me. Love love!

0 comments: