Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A birthday

Today is a soft spot on my patchwork heart. It's the birthday of a great love, Dennis. It's always been my style to get over my past as soon as possible, but I'm finding myself taking comfort in remembrance now a days. See Dennis died 8 years ago in the spring, so with the growth of everything around me my heart is always heavy this time of year. He was such a great guy, a great husband. He had a smile that you couldn't help but smile back at. He was a joyous person and had a way of making you feel adored. I love him dearly and always will. He taught me so much about myself. He taught me to grow up, and become a strong woman, Without him. It was what I needed in order to raise my boys, his boy. I spent a long time regretting some of the decisions I had made in those times. I like to think he would understand and be proud of who I've become. So this year on his Birthday I'm making a mens. I am going to stop regretting and enjoy my memories of him. He is part of me and worth celebrating.  Happy Birthday Babe!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

What a sweet post about a wonderful man. I wish I could have met him.

I am thankful for his impact in your life and all the ways his life shaped yours, because you my dear, are amazing and so inspiring.

love.