Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rain woman


The great northwest... I love how they call it great, It is great! One great thing about it is the rain. I know rain is not a common greatness in other peoples worlds, but it is in mine. Growing up here I have seen all different types of rain. My favorite kind of rain is spring rain. The kind that comes out of no where and drops big juicy droplets, soaking everything in sight. Sometimes when the sun is still shining it gives the world a beautiful glossy sparkle. I love that rain. I love sparkles :) My other favorite type of rain isn't really considered rain. Misty rain, teeny tiny floating drops of water. The kind you can see sun rays and wind gusts through. It makes my back yard look like a fairytale. I can spend all day looking out the window smiling like a fool when its like that. My neighbors probably think I'm nuts.
Alas with the good comes the bad. Like the bad kind of rain, that covers up my day like a dark blanket and stays for weeks. Makes me feel like I'm stuck under a rock. Years here have made me hate this kind of rain. Winters are by far the worst though. Sheets of rain that sting your face. The kind that blow up and sideways and then crazy hail covering the grass like snow. Weather that makes my back yard look like some sort of tv reality challenge. Who ever makes it to the fence without drowning or loosing consciousness wins $100.000. I don't like it one bit! But i stay here in my great northwest. Waking everyday inspired. Loving that i'm just a minute from a beach or the mountains or even a little rain :) Washington is home, It will always hold a big piece of my mossy heart. But back to my point, spring is here and i couldn't be happier. I could use a little light in my life. Happy spring!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so ready for Spring! I don't mind the light rain, but I am wishing for some warm weather!

The weather has been pretty wild down here, it changes every fifteen minutes with far too much sweeping fits of hail!

But I love it anyway, because it is indeed the Great Northwest!Nothing beats it.

p.s. I love the new flower picture!